A well-researched strain of Lactobacillus plantarum
Several studies indicate the bacterial strain L. plantarum 6595 supports the immune function of post-surgery patients.* FloraPro-LP’s controlled-release delivery resists destruction by stomach acid and antibiotics.
What are the special features of L. plantarum compared to other Lactobacillus species?
• Its unique genome allows this bacteria species to more easily adapt to different environmental conditions.
• It has a high tolerance for low acidic environments, such as the acidity of the stomach.
• It’s a species naturally found in high concentrations in lactic acid-fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, capers, and brined olives, as well as grape juice and wine.
• It has a pronounced ability to adhere to the mucosal cells in the GI tract.
• It has proven colonization in the intestines.
• L. plantarum is a major representative of the Lactobacillus flora in the GI tract of healthy individuals.
• It demonstrates an antibiotic resistance profile analyzed by Minimal Inhibitory Concentration testing.
What are some special features of Thorne’s FloraPro-LP Probiotic – L. plantarum 6595?
Proprietary Bio-Tract® technology protects this probiotic strain of bacteria from destruction by stomach acid. This same technology also provides a controlled, extended-release delivery that first begins to release content after the ingredient reaches the small intestine. FloraPro-LP is provided in small spheres (8 mm), which allows for ease of dosing, even in children.
One Pearl Tablet Contains:
BIO-tract®* Probiotic Blend 120 mg
Lactobacillus plantarum DSM 6595
1 Billion CFUs*