THORNE Vitamin D-5000 NSF
Thorne’s D-5,000 contains 5,000 IU of high-quality vitamin D3 and is NSF Certified for Sport®. Although it is well known that direct sunlight is a natural source of vitamin D, many individuals, especially the elderly, don’t get enough vitamin D from sunlight or from their diet. Be sure you get the vitamin D your body needs with Thorne’s easily absorbed Vitamin D-5,000.
Benefits of Thorne’s Vitamin D-5,000:
• Supports healthy teeth and bones*
• Promotes lean muscle mass and helps maintain muscle strength*
• Enhances the absorption and retention of calcium*
• Supports healthy brain function*
• Promotes cardiovascular health and immune function*
• Formulated with vitamin D3, a more potent and better absorbed form than vitamin D2
• Thorne’s vitamin D contains no lactose and no preservatives like BHT, BHA, sodium benzoate, and sorbic acid
You could be at a higher risk of a vitamin D deficiency if you:
• Rarely go outdoors, live in the northern latitudes, or have a darker skin tone
• Have limited sun exposure due to your occupation, clothing choices, or engage in indoor athletics rather than outdoor sports
• Regularly wear sunscreen with an SPF greater than 8
• Are an older adult (the risk of a deficiency increases with age beginning at age 50)
• Have a chronic health condition, such as a bowel disease or a surgical procedure (like gastric bypass) that decreases fat absorption
• Are obese
The optimal amount of vitamin D for an individual depends on many factors and varies from person to person. Therefore, the requirement for vitamin D supplementation should be individualized. Either of Thorne’s D-1,000 or D-5,000 can be an ideal way to maintain an optimal level of vitamin D in healthy individuals.*
Because an athlete needs to know that his or her supplements are trustworthy and compliant, every batch of an NSF Certified for Sport® product is tested for compliance with label claims and to ensure the absence of more than 200 substances banned by many major athletic organizations, including stimulants, narcotics, steroids, diuretics, beta-2 agonists, and masking agents.One Capsule Contains:
Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (5,000 IU) 125 mcg
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin E (d-Alpha Tocopheryl).
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.